Design Professionals: Boost your knowledge on March 13
If you’re looking to get inspired, brush up on your design business know-how and earn six CEUs in the process, mark your calendars. The Third Annual Educational Forum for Design Professionals is taking place on March 13 (next week!) from 9 am to 6 pm at New York City’s Architects & Designers Building.
Presented by the Architects & Designers Building and the Manhattan chapter of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), the forum promises to be a high-energy, knowledge-packed day offering the following seminars:
• Energy Efficient Developments in Residential Lighting, speaker: Jon Eggleton, cofounder of Luxalo
• Leveraging Technology in the Digital Revolution, speaker: Eric Schimelfenig, owner of SketchThis.Net
• Feng Shui Principles to Enhance Western Design, speaker: Benjamin Huntington, ASID, CID, FSIA
• Design Business 101: How to Care for Your Computer, speaker: Jayson Grimsely, High Wire Computer Services
• Finding Your Niche in the World of Design, speaker: James Swan, author, designer and principal of New Wall Enterprises
• Maintaining Financial Momentum in Today’s Economy, speaker Christine Abbott, Acct. VP at UBS Financial Services
• Integrated Branding: Why Social Media Alone Isn’t Enough, speaker: Shaun Smith, principal of Leadas Business Adv.
• Sustainable Surface Finishes, Without the Hype, speaker Roberta Kravette, LEED AP, principal of ERD Consulting
• Kitchen Appliances: New Technology & Energy Efficiency, speaker: Paula Cecere, manager at GE Monogram Design Center
• Applying Biomimicry to the Built Environment, speaker: Les Medley, reg. property manager, LCOR
• Plumbing 2012: Advances in an Age-Old Industry, speaker: Jen Bruno, manager, training & development, Hansgrohe
• Best Practices in Accessible Design & Construction, speaker: Peter Stratton, group senior VP and director at SWA Consulting
A Creative Dialogue: How to Promote Your Design Business Online, speakers: Marc Kushner, cofounder of Architizer.com and partner of HWKN architects, and Archie Lee Coates IV, founder of PlayLab, Inc. and creator of +Pool
You can choose up to five seminars. Here’s the schedule for the day:
• 8:30 am-9:30 am
Breakfast at the Miele showroom, 9th floor
• 9:45 am-5 pm
CEU-accredited seminars in the A&D Building
• 12 pm-1 pm
Lunch at the Sub-Zero/Wolf showroom, 5th floor
• 5 pm-6 pm
CEU-accredited Creative Dialogue at the Poliform showroom, 6th floor
• 6 pm-8 pm
Cocktail party at the GE Monogram Design Center, 10th floor
Participants can earn up to six CEU credits: AIA, NKBA, IDCEC (ASID, IIDA, NDICQ).
One seminar session costs $25; two seminar sessions cost: $40; and up to five seminar sessions cost $100.
For more information, call the NKBA at 917-841-4281 or the A&D Building at 212-644-2766; to register by credit card, go to www.adbuilding.com/eduforum.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 at 11:57 AM and is filed under Business. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.