Celebrating Emerging Talent
ICFF and Bernhardt Design have announced the winners of the 13th-annual ICFF Studio. Every year, Bernhardt Design partners with ICFF to invite emerging designers and new talents to submit their unique concepts and innovative designs for evaluation by a jury of some of the industry’s top professionals. The finalists and their work were presented to the design industry in a special exhibition at ICFF.
“We receive entries from across North America and throughout the world that continually blow us away for their thoughtfulness, creativity and technique,” said Coleman Gutshall, director of global strategy for Bernhardt Design. “ICFF Studio helps propel many of these exciting new designers to international acclaim and rewarding careers.”
The ICFF Studio 2018 winners are:
1. Cecilia Zhang – Discrete Shelf / Stool – Bergen, Norway
2. Chenchen Fan – Lavida Chair – Toronto, Canada
3. Jialun Xiong – Back Kaleidoscope – Pasadena, Calif.
4. Sasipat Leelachart – Sensi Chair – Bangkok, China
5. Nupur Haridas – Snug – Los Angeles
6. Kelly Kim – Mokum – San Francisco, Calif.
7. Haeun Kim – Fog Table – Los Angeles
8. Adam Markowitz – Assegai – Melbourne, Australia
9. Christian Golden – Stackable Wooden Rocker No. 1 – Columbus, Ohio
10. Yeling Guo – Nostalgia – Pasadena, Calif.
11. Huan Pei – Froz – Pasadena, Calif.
To enter the competition, a designer must have been in the industry five years or more and have a working prototype that is not in commercial production. Submissions are evaluated and judged on design aesthetics, the ability to be economically mass produced, marketability and commercial viability.
This entry was posted on Monday, June 4th, 2018 at 12:53 PM and is filed under Creativity, ICFF, Inspiration, Products. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.