Inspired by Fashion
The New York Fashion Week draws attention from more than just fashionistas. Pantone LLC, the color institute, focused on the trending colors walking the runway and broke it down for us. Laurie Pressman, vice president of the Pantone institute, filled us in on what colors we’ll be seeing next year.
In general, there is a contrast of pattern and color, which is particularly creative and eye catching. There is an erosion of gender roles in colors, with both sexes wearing pink or blue. As expected, there are many hues reminiscent of natural colors, which reflect the desire to escape and the hope and transformation that comes in the springtime.
Here are the top 10 colors of Spring 2017:
- Niagara: Classic, denim-like blue speaks to our desire for ease and relaxation.
- Primrose Yellow: Symbolizes instant warmth and a joyful yellow shade.
- Lapis Blue: Strong and confident.
- Flame: Like a fiery heat
- Island Paradise: Reflects our desire to unwind. It is cool and refreshing.
- Pale Dogwood: Like a quiet and peaceful peace shade that references innocence and purity.
- Greenery: Vivid and tangy. Speaks to our need to explore and experiment.
- Pink Yarrow: Bold and tempestuous
- Kale: A leafy green that reflects our desire to connect to nature.
- Hazelnut: The quintessential neutral. It moves easily from one season to the next.
“One of the things that we saw this year was a renewed sense of imagination in which color was appearing in context that was different than the traditional,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Reminiscent of the hues that surround us in nature, our Spring 2017 Fashion Color Report evokes a spectrum of emotion and feeling.”
This entry was posted on Monday, October 10th, 2016 at 5:39 PM and is filed under Inspiration. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.