Live from Milan
It’s Salone del Mobile this year – the biennial international furniture show, complete with Salone del Bagno and EuroCucina (the bath and kitchen shows), and Milan is packed with international fair-goers and Italian and European designers and manufacturers. We’re giving you a full run-through in our May/June issue, but here is a sneak peek at some of the trends I’ve been seeing at the show.
1) Surprise, surprise – white is definitely still in. Shown here in the design by Karim Rashid for Rational, the neutral color is still the way to go, particularly with contemporary designs.
2) Islands are becoming more innovative and more like the centerpiece, as shown by Icone, a Kelly Massimo Iosaghini Design. The different materials in the island, and the way it works with the functionality of the kitchen, are truly showcased at the show in particular.
3) Even though lacquer and stainless steel are still very in, there’s a sense of the organic everywhere, like this wooden island from Arclinea.
4) With the new kitchen either growing much smaller or much bigger (trends have shown dramatic examples of both this year), drawers and cabinets are moving to new ways to hide or expose their contents. Shown here is Mantis from Binova.
5) At the same time as all the clean lines and handle-less surfaces, vintage shows up in glamorous collections, like in the vintage oven from Rosieres.
More to come from Kitchen and Bath Business – stay tuned with our Facebook, Instagram (KBB_Magazine) and Twitter (@KBBconnect).
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 at 1:58 PM and is filed under Creativity, Eurocucina, Inspiration, Kitchen Design, Products. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.